LO-CHLOR STARVER® POOL MAINTENANCE 1LITRE
The ORIGINAL Patented Phosphate Remover
Designed to be used as a maintenance and preventative solution this unique formulation is highly concentrated and is safe to use with fish, mammals and in aquariums.
- Removes phosphates (algae nutrients)
- Without phosphates, algae cannot grow
- New formulation
- Dramatically clarifies water giving instant satisfaction
- Does not cloud water (unlike other phosphate removers)
- Minimal filter pressure increase (see important notes below)
- Enhances chlorine production
- Enhances the performance of ALL other pool chemical treatments
- Compatible with all sanitisers (including Nature 2 and Ionisers)
- Shake container well before use
- Check filter pressure before you add Lo-Chlor Starver® Pool Maintenance
- If pressure is high, clean cartridge prior to adding Lo-Chlor Starver® Pool Maintenance
- Add directly to skimmer with filter running normally
- Can be used in freshwater/saltwater aquariums, lakes and ponds
- Safe with fish and mammals
- Non-toxic and biodegradable
Where do phosphates come from?
Phosphates are organic building blocks that form when phosphoric acid reacts with various elements found in nature. Phosphates come from leaves, fertilizers, and bather wastes such
as sweat and urine. Other phosphates sources are detergents, some insecticides, soft drinks, toothpaste and even some pool chemicals.
How much phosphate is too much?
As little as 0.2 ppm of phosphate can result in outbreaks. Interestingly, in cases where pools have excessive outbreaks, the test may
register a very low or zero reading on the Phosphate
Test Kits. This is because virtually all of the phosphate has been consumed. This phosphate is now organically bound and is not measured by the test. When outbreaks are treated (super
chlorination and / or the addition of a Lo-Chlor Algaecide), this organically bound phosphate will be released into the water.
- Add STARVER® at a rate of 500ml per 50,000 Litres of pool water every 2-3 days.
- (If Phosphate level is 1ppm or higher, it is recommended to use companion product STARVER®X to reduce levels to beneath1ppm then to recommence using STARVER®)
- The required dosage of STARVER®should be added until you nish the container you have been supplied.
- Once you have completed the treatment, take a water sample to be tested for phosphates by your local pool professional.
- Once you have achieved the desired phosphate level (0-0.2 ppm) , a regular maintenance dose of STARVER® shouldbe applied.
- Add a regular maintenance dose of 500ml of STARVER® per 50,000 Litres pool water every 2 weeks.
- REGULAR PHOSPHATE CHECKS should be carried out by your local pool professional.